Thursday, December 22, 2016

✮ Battle of the Concealers: The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer VS TonyMoly Facetone Creamy Tip Concealer ✮

High coverage, long lasting power and a good colour match without being drying or cakey - this is what I look for in a concealer. These two concealers are so affordable guys, sitting at less than $5 a tube - so I didn't think it would hurt to try both and I'm glad that I did. To cut it short, which one do I prefer? The Tonymoly one, why? It doesn't oxidise and it's less drying and its a bonus that it's the cheaper of the two! You don't really hear much about the Tonymoly concealer but The Saem's "Cover Perfection Tip Concealer" is quite known and very popular but if you can get something that's almost identical and better but for even cheaper then why not? I'm not slandering The Saem at all though, if I ran out of my TonlyMoly concealer then I would happily use the The Saem without any hesitation. 

(Left to Right: TonyMoly in W01 Vanilla Beige and The Saem 01 Clear beige)

(Top to Bottom: The Saem and TonyMoly) Pics are with and w/o flash

So lets run through the similarities and differences between the two.

Similarities:
  • Both have extremely high medium-full coverage (TonyMoly has a slight bit more coverage)
  • Creamy and easy to blend 
  • Affordable Concealers 
  • The lightest colours in both range are quite comparable (01 Clear Beige for The Saem and N01 Neutral Milk for TonyMoly, I'm around an NC15) But I got the wrong colour for myself as shown in the pictures (The photo shows the shade W01 Vanilla Beige - which is honestly not a "vanilla" colour at all) so the TonyMoly one looks a lot darker but the darker and more orange tone makes it a great corrector for my red spots.
  • Lasts all day 
Differences:
  • The Saem is more drying and hence emphasises textures more 
  • TonyMoly is a lot more hydrating so it would be more suited to those with drier skins and it would look more flattering under the eyes.
  • The Saem oxides into an orange colour 
  • Tony Moly doesn't oxidise, the shade that I currently have, W01 Vanilla Biege, has an orange tone which is great to use as a corrector but the concealer range does offer a separate corrector colour

How I like to use these concealers:
I like to use concealers to spot conceal before applying a thin layer of foundation or bb cream on top using a sponge or a cushion puff. Using a sponge/cushion puff helps to make sure the concealer will not be moved and it makes your base makeup look less heavy without compromising on the coverage. It also ensures that there are no patches of varying colours from the foundation and concealer if you apply a thin veil of foundation on top to blend everything in.

Where to Purchase:

5 comments:

  1. Tonymoly is the darker one in the photos right? Man that is violently dark, that looks about the same as the Saem in the shade #1.5 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! The bottom is Tonymoly! It is quite orange on me but the lightest shade N01 Neutral Milk is perfect for both my face (matches my face really well) and my under eyes (slightly brightens when I have a darker foundation on)! If you have an NC15 Skintone or Korean #21 then go for the lightest colour. Such a good concealer though! Beats out all my high end ones!

      Delete
  2. which one do you think would be best for me? my eyes are usually oily, i have wrinkles right under my lower lash line, and my skin tone color is usually a 23 in terms of korean cushion foundations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same concerns as you, the TonyMoly one would be best! Just make sure you set it well! If its for under your eyes and you're a #23, get the shade vanilla biege if you want an exact match to your skintone or get the lightest shade "N01" if you want something more brightening! The lightest colour may look a little too light at first but it warms up with your skintone and looks very natural in a few minutes! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete