Thursday, January 5, 2017

[ theBalm Mary-Lou Manzier ] - Is It Worth the Hype?

I wanted this highlighter because I've heard so much rave about it from the youtube community that I just needed to try it for myself - but how did I get it? I won a bowling match against my boyfriend HAHA (you should never underestimate a girls power when she has a highlighter on the line)! Lets keep this post short and sweet since I've been throwing long winded ones at you for the past few weeks.



Pros:
  • Pigmented and smooth, doesn't emphasise textures, pores or dryness 
  • It's a beautiful champagne-gold colour, it has enough gold in it to give warmth to the colour but not too much that it's too dark for me 
  • It's a beautiful natural type of glow/sheen, almost like a "glow from within" type of appearance, not shimmery or glittery at all - it's similar to the look of the Becca highlighters but for half of the price
  • A lot of skin tones will be able to wear this as the base colour is not white or silver, so it won't look ashy on darker (medium-tan skintones), at least that is what I have observed from watching 10000+ youtube videos! But of course, always do your research beforehand 
  • This highlighter looks beautiful when it is applied sheer but looks amazzzzzing when it is piled on, it doesn't appear to get powdery or cakey with layers
  • Really affordable at about $30AUD
Cons:
  • It is always sold out in Australia 
Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment