Wednesday, January 18, 2017

⋆ First Impressions: Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination Skin in Buff ⋆

You guys have no idea how long I've wanted to try this foundation out! I've always heard so many good things about this foundation - I got too excited to use this so for today I will be doing a first impressions review. I'll update you guys in the future if it has replaced my holy grail Estee Lauder Double Wear or not.

What It Claims To Do:

Longwearing coverage with a lightweight formula that won't cake, fade, or rub off. With Time Release Technology specifically formulated for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day. - Revlon

Shade Comparisons:

** I'm about 2 shades darker than usual, I'm usually an NC15, I also have oily, acne-prone skin**



Foundation Demo:



The foundation was applied with a brush for maximum coverage (2 thin layers were applied) then smoothed over with a damp sponge for a flawless finish. 

Thoughts:

  • The shade is a bit light for me now because I literally just got 2 shades darker from the beach, otherwise it would have been perfect. Buff is a neutral colour, if you are the more on the NC10 side I would suggest the lighter shade "ivory". ALSO it didn't oxidise on me, so hooray!! If the colour looks darker then it is because I used a darker powder and a bronzer to match my face to my neck
  • The consistency is thicker than Estee Lauder but still feels lightweight on the  skin while providing good coverage 
  • The foundation looks more "smooth" and seamless with a sponge and builds better with a sponge. One layer with a brush looks beautiful but when it's built up it starts to look more makeup-y
  • Doesn't emphasise pores or textures
  • Has more of a natural matte/satin finish than a flat matte 
  • Doesn't keep me as matte as Estee Lauder but the oil doesn't break down the product, blotted at the 4 hr mark and the 8hr mark. It was not necessary to blot every 4hrs as the sheen was beautiful and natural but I would assume that every 6hr interval (without blotting) is when my face would start to look really greasy
  • I'm posting this at the 11hr mark and honestly, the foundation hasn't changed all day except for some wear on the nose. You can just apply some powder then you'd be good to go
  • Doesn't transfer when I blot my face with a tissue AND it doesn't break me out (so far)
  • Looks great in natural outdoor lighting!

1 comment: