Saturday, September 23, 2017

☆ First Impressions: Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer Concealer

Hello to all my pretty readers!
Recently Tarte had a promotion where they provided free shipping on all orders with no minimum and of course being the makeup junkie I am, I HAD to pick something up. I decided to give the Aquacealer Concealer a go, because I wanted to find a higher end concealer that I liked, after being let down by the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I've only used this concealer a few times, but it doesn't really take a lot for me to figure out if I like a concealer or not. 

My expectations for concealers:
  • Medium-full coverage 
  • No creasing or dryness, I primarily use concealers just for my under eyes so I prefer something more hydrating as opposed to fully opaque - as you might want for a blemish concealer 
  • Lightweight and blendable 



This concealer has a very lightweight texture but it is in no way runny, it was actually thicker than I anticipated. It blends out beautifully and seamlessly and because of the more moisturising formula, you have more time to blend it out without it drying in some spots and getting patchy.

PROS:
  • Lasts all day, does not crease
  • Moisturising, does not emphasise dry patches
  • Light- medium to medium coverage 
  • Looks very natural
  • Packaging is beautifullllllllll 
  • The colour is a bit more pink/peachy than I'm used to but because of this it slightly colour corrects while covering, great colour for NC15 and Korean #21 skintones (the colour does not look unnatural at all when it is blended out)

CONS:

  • Not many shades to choose from, the shade Fair is light enough but not too light to brighten up your under eyes if you're NC15, the colour might be your exact match if you're NC10 (but don't quote me on that!)
  • You can only get it online (at least in Australia)
Rate: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment