Wednesday, March 1, 2017

☆彡 Kat Von D Metal Matte Eyeshadow Palette: First Impressions + Swatches + Eyelook!

I was SOOO excited when I saw this palette on sale at Sephora (in stores). It was originally $95AUD and it was marked down to $57AUD, even though I was on a "saving" mode - I couldn't pass this up. I've been wanting a more colourful palette but couldn't justify the prices of Urban Decay's electric palette and other palette prices of the like because I knew I was just not going to reach for coloured shadows often enough. BUT at $57AUD I couldn't pass up this beautiful palette, it has so many beautiful matte and metallic colours - but the colours are actually wearable. The colour selection is bright, but not neon or crazy so it makes wearing colour easier for neutral lovers like me.

In this post I'm going to show you swatches of the colours, my first impression thoughts and the eye look I created (it'll be a simple look, I'm not confident with colours yet - but I'll get there!!).


First Impression Thoughts:

  • The metallics are beautiful but not overwhelming and unwearable 
  • The metallics swatch nice with the fingers and apply well with a brush 
  • The mattes did not do as well with finger swatches, but okay with a brush - they're pigmented but not as blendable as other shadows I have, I have to work with it more 
  • The shadows, mainly the dark metallic colours had some fall out, but it wasn't that bad at all. The fall out was easily brushed away with a powder brush
  • The eyeshadows lasted all day on my eyes with no issue at all 

Eyelook:

The colours used were:
  1. Bone as a base after an eye primer, I use Etude House's one - my review for it is here.
  2. Suede as my transition colour.
  3. Then I put Oak on the outer and inner lids to create a halo effect.
  4. I put Nebula in the centre as my highlight colour.
  5. Then I put a bit of Jet in the same places I put Oak to darken the look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment