Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Holy Grail: Estee Lauder Foundation Double Wear + Demo/Swatches

So.. not sure if you guys have read the "upcoming posts" section of my side bar but if you have then you can tell that all the posts that I'm working on are mainly foundation based - I love base makeup, especially foundation! And since I'm such a foundation junkie I'm always trying new things but no matter how many new foundations I try, I always seem to go back to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay in Place makeup. It's simply great.

Skin background: oily, acne prone with hyperpigmentation and textures with the occasional dry patches.

What I look for in foundations: a solid medium coverage that I can build up and sheer out, a long lasting foundation (I tend to put makeup on at around 9-10am and don't take it off until 7-12pm), a foundation with minimal touch ups and good oil controls (I have oily skin that gets really oily in the t zone), I prefer natural-satin or soft matte finish makeup, something that won't break me out and is smoothing to the pores and any textures on the skin.

My shade: 2N1 Desert Biege (it's a little dark for me- this is my summer shade when I'm at my absolute darkest, 1W1 bone fits me perfectly for most of the year - it's the shade I'll be picking up after I'm done with my current bottle) I'm an NC15.



Pros:
  • Lasts all day with minimal touchups, usually 1-3 times max and it consists of just blotting off the shine with a tissue paper - the shine isn't disgusting though, it has a nice glow but I just prefer a matte-er look 
  • Medium buildable coverage 
  • Looks better the longer you wear it 
  • It is budge-proof, even hot showers cannot melt this foundation! It's insane 
  • This foundation comes in a good colour range (16 shades on the Australian market, I think they offer more shades in the US though)
  • This foundation is surprisingly extremely smoothing on my pores. It can tend to cling to dry patches at first but after it has had time to mesh with your skin, the foundation tends to melt and smooth over any dry areas

Cons:
  • It can feel heavy on the skin at first but after a while the feeling disappears, this goes for the initial application - if you apply too much it can look cakey but give it 30-40mins and it'll start to mix with your natural oils and look really beautiful and flawless on 
  • Can emphasise blemishes
  • For me, using a wet sponge emphasises dry patches and textures but looks great with a flat top kabuki brush
Purchase: You can buy this at any department store, I got mine at Myers for $52AUD.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment