Tuesday, April 25, 2017

☆彡 Holy Grail Skincare? The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA spheres 2%


Hello pretty people! The Ordinary's skincare range has been hyped up in the past few weeks and there's a reason why, they are so affordable yet effective. These little guys have powerful concentrations of active ingredients at such an affordable price that they are now competing against luxury skincare that cost an arm and a leg for the same ingredients. 

So, being the curious little bee that I was, I needed to give them a go. I'm not one to change up my skincare routine often as a lot of things can tend to break my skin out, so I started small and tried out two products. Needless to say, I will definitely be trying out more.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 
Summarising from the official site itself, niacinamide or vitamin B3 is known to "reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion while the zinc is supposed to control sebum activity".


Pros:
  • The serum is extremely light and watery, it glides well onto the skin and layers well underneath other skincare 
  • Immediately calms down the redness in my skin 
  • Brightens my skin 
  • Results are seen within a week of using the product daily 
  • The congestion around my jawline has greatly been reduced
  • Controls my oil throughout the day if used in the morning 

Cons:
  • Cannot be used under makeup, your makeup will peel off


The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA spheres 2%
Summarising from the official site, "vitamin c in its pure form of L-absorbic acid has been known to reverse multiple signs of skin ageing while brightening the skin when applied topically".


Pros:
  • Because of the high concentration of vitamin c, my acne scars is seen to be reduced in redness within a week, within 2 weeks the darkness of the pigment has started to fade 
  • Works well when mixed with a moisturiser 

Cons:
  • Smells horrible, don't smell it 
  • Texture is gritty, takes time to get used to 
  • Cannot be worn under makeup because of the gritty texture 
  • When it is used alone without being mixed with a moisturiser, it stings my face, especially around my nose - the feeling is there for 3-4 hours after initial application and is quite unbearable and itchy 

Overall:

I will be repurchasing both of these products and I am looking forward to trying more things out! The only thing I recommend is, diluting the vitamin c serum with a moisturiser to make it a more pleasant experience to use - diluting it helps with the texture, stinging and smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment