Thursday, April 6, 2017

Finishing Essentials • Mac Prep and Prime Fix +

Hello pretty people! I'm back today with a review on the infamous Mac Prep and Prime Fix +, but for ease we'll just call it by its more used name "Mac Fix +". I was always curious about this product because of all of the hype around it, some people deem this product as a necessity in your makeup arsenal while some believe it's nothing but fancy water. But today I'll give you guys my verdict!


Claims: "A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup." - Mac Official Website.
  • Soothes and refreshes the skin
  • Hydrating 
  • Dermatologist tested 
  • Ophthalmologist tested 
  • Non-acnegenic 

Uses: This is a multitasking product that could be used after your skincare to give you a boost of hydration and glow. It can also be used before and after makeup to give your skin a boost of hydration and to settle any powders or cakey-ness on your face (if used after makeup application, do this before you do your eye makeup as it could make your eye makeup run). You can also spray this on your brush before dipping it into an eyeshadow to foil it and make it more pigmented.

Pros:
  • The mist if amazinggggg, it gives such as beautiful dusting of liquid on your face and never has random spurts - but obviously, make sure you spray about an arm's length from your face
  • It does make your eyeshadows a lot more pigmented and metallic - so use this on shadows that are a bit lacking 
  • Makes your face look beautiful if you use it as a finishing step, melts all your powders together and gives you a smooth look. It does give you a bit of a sheen but nothing gross (I have oily skin) and I've been complimented on my skin when I've used this
  • Even though this is technically not a "setting spray" and it is not meant to make your makeup last longer, I feel like it actually does. Since all my makeup melts together and does not sit on top of my face, I feel that it does help prolong the longevity of my makeup

Cons:
  • A bit expensive at $32. You can probably find cheaper alternatives at the drugstore, which is what I will be doing - but I will keep the Mac Fix Plus bottle to simply refill it with different finishing/setting sprays because of how amazing the nozzle is
Rate: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment