Tuesday, January 17, 2017

♡ Review: Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

I've always struggled with oily skin, clogged pores and textures - so I'm always on the hunt for something that can combat these issues. So when I received this mask as a gift I was extremely keen to try it out! I've heard a lot of great things about this mask, Innisfree is known for their more natural stance towards beauty, promoting the idea that their beauty line is more natural and eco-friendly than their competing brands. I've always been a bit sceptical about these more natural brands because I thought their products would be too gentle for my oily, acne-prone skin. But I have to say, I'm quite impressed with that this mask does for my skin - so I'm looking forward to discovering more amazing products from Innisfree.


What the product claims to do:
  1. Jeju volcanic clay is made from minerals released by volcanic explosions in Jeju. It's categorised as a preserved alkaline resource and its effective in removing sebum and other impurities.
  2. The mask exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. The AHA ingredient chemically exfoliates and smooths out the skin.
  3. The strong absorption of sebum and cooling effect of the clay refreshes the skin and contracts pores.
Pros:
  • Soothes my breakouts, calms the skin and reduces the redness 
  • The pores are visibly reduced
  • After 1 use my skin felt extremely detoxified and smooth, my textures were reduced 
  • The mask is affordable at around $21AUD
  • Basically it does everything it claims to do 
  • Using this mask about 2-3 times a week, my blemishes are reduced, and it keeps my skin clear and clean - I don't break out often anymore with the use of this mask
  • This tub will last you for a good 3-4 months - you only need a thin layer all over your face
Cons:
  • The packaging gets messy and annoying the more you use it, since its in a tub form you have to dig your fingers inside - which is also quite unhygienic 
  • You literally have to scope the product out with your fingers, and eventually your nails (which irks me a little)
You can purchase it here.
Rating: 5/5

1 comment: